Monday, August 11, 2014

L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eyeliner Pencil (Black) Review

When I just started buying my personal makeup (after realizing I was old enough now to have my own, as a child I'd use my mother's makeup), the first thing I was into was eyeliner. Nothing too special, just a black line on my waterline was enough back then. But one thing that I hated even then was when that eyeliner would smudge and come below my eye on my dark circles making them darker and more scary, lol. So my hunt for finding the perfect eyeliner has indeed been a long one, but it's finally over! I first fell in love with the Maybelline Line Express Pencil, it was soft, created a nice soft look and would stay. But when I tried the L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eyeliner Pencil I was amazed. This is indeed the best eyeliner pencil from a drugstore that anyone can find in my opinion. I've heard a lot of people rave about the Prestige Pencil Eyeliners too, but I haven't tried that so I can't say much.
The L'oreal Pencil is double ended, with one end having the pencil and the other end having the smudger.
L'oreal, loreal, extra, intense, liquid, eyeliner, pencil, black, swatch, review
The pencil holds 0.03Oz/1.1g. And I know this is weird, but I actually really like how the pencil is completely black. I don't like the wooden colored shavings for some reason (funny I know). The pencil doesn't have any fragrance. I got this for $8.49 I think at Rite Aid.
L'oreal, loreal, extra, intense, liquid, eyeliner, pencil, black, swatch, review
What I absolutely love about this pencil is that it glides on like a liquid eyeliner, just that it's in pencil form which gives you a lot more control over it. You don't have to apply any pressure whatsoever when applying eyeliner, so you kind of have to be careful because of how creamy the pencil is. Another amazing thing is that even though it's so creamy, you can smudge it right away when you apply it, but a few minutes after that it stick and dries so that even if you try smudging it, it doesn't move. Which to me, is a totally awesome thing.
L'oreal, loreal, extra, intense, liquid, eyeliner, pencil, black, swatch, review

I don't really use the smudger in the back, though I think it's quite a useful thing. And the smudger is nice too. The pigmentation of this pencil is amazing as well, it's extremely black which makes it all the better! I know it seems like I'm over raving this pencil, but you'll seriously have to try it out yourself because I personally think it's worth all the rave.
L'oreal, loreal, extra, intense, liquid, eyeliner, pencil, black, swatch, review

In the picture above I just slightly glided the pencil over my hand, I could have made it darker but I wanted to show what's the lightest line you can get from this pencil. As you can see in the picture, the pencil really is true black. Also, it's matte. I personally don't like pencils with shimmer. 
Overall, this is my favorite pencil for everyday use or for a party, I prefer this over my liquid eyeliners as well. It's staying power is amazing too, it stays even after I wash my face even though it's not waterproof. I think it's a great product for the price you pay. I'd definitely repurchase! Hope the review was helpful! Please comment for any questions/suggestions. :) 

1 comment: