Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss - 08 Review + Swatch!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, got caught up in University exams. But I will hopefully blog more regularly now *fingers crossed*. Today I'll be reviewing a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 08. Now before I get to the detailed review I must say this is a beautiful rose colored lipstick that is a must have! It's a beautiful creamy lipstick, and yes Rimmel does produce some of the most amazing drugstore lipsticks.
Rimmel collabrated with Kate Moss to produce the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks line, which has a different packaging than the original moisture renew line. It has rather a simple sleek black casing with Kate written on the top part of it and a heart. I picked up the shade 08, which is a muted rosy mauve shade and is great for everyday wear. The lipstick has a mild scent which is present in the entire lasting finish line.
One swipe
The color is a mix of rose and mauve, which could be a mlbb (my lips but better shade) for some people. It's a color that I think can suit a great range of skin tones, because of it having a neutral undertone. It is also very pigmented, with great color payoff in one swatch. The lipstick gives a semi-matte with a slight sheen. I wouldn't call it moisturizing though, cause my lips tend to start drying a while after applying the lipstick. Which is why I apply lip balm prior to applying the lipstick.
Final Verdict:
I really like the color of the lipstick, and the creamy semi-matte finish as well. I would prefer if it was slightly more moisturizing, cause I tend to have dry lips. But I do think this color is a must have, and can suit a lot of skin tones.
It is available in most drugstores for $6-8 depending on where you buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment