Saturday, December 20, 2014

Benefit's Hoola Bronzer Review + Swatch!

bronzer, hoola, benefit, review, highend, high, end, swatch
So, I'm not really a bronzer fan. Since I feel I'm not too good with giving myself a nice bronzed, sun-kissed summer look. Probably need a lot more practice, shhh. Which is why, I only use bronzer for contouring. Hence, I always go for a matte bronzer. Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is maybe the most raved bronzer in the makeup world. It doesn't look too orange, or too red and has no sparkles, whatsoever. I couldn't get the courage to dish out $30 dollars for a bronzer, I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it. So instead, I got the deluxe size in a kit, picture below:
bronzer, hoola, benefit, review, highend, high, end, swatch
Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is one of their famous box 'o powders. The new packaging is a cardboard flip to open lid, in which there's a small mirror. It also comes with a brush. But since I don't own the full size, can't say anything about it's packaging or brush. The deluxe packaging isn't anything special, just black plastic, but it works.
bronzer, hoola, benefit, review, highend, high, end, swatch
I'd have to agree that this bronzer really is something different. Not that I've tried numerous drugstore bronzers, but I have tried a few to say it's hard to find one that doesn't look to orange or mud all over your face. Also, this one is long lasting, and lasts around 8-10 hours without fading on my oily skin. It has no fragrance, and is soft to touch. Isn't buttery soft, but I kind of like that. You can easily pick it up with a brush but it doesn't make a mess with too much fallout.
bronzer, hoola, benefit, review, highend, high, end, swatch
The swatch above is kind of dim, I know. But it's kind of hard to get a dark swatch, since the product isn't too packed with pigment. Which I actually really like about this bronzer. 'Cause I don't have to be too scared applying, thinking I'll look like I have a fake tan.
Overall, I really like this bronzer. And I think it's worth the hype and price! The full size has a lot of product to last quite long, and it definitely gives a very natural contour. It can be bought from benefitcosmetics.com, and sephora.com (online and in stores). Also, the color is universally flattering on most skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment