Saturday, September 6, 2014

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Lip Color in Keep Up The Flame! Review + Swatch!

maybelline, super, stay, lip, color, lipstick, keep, up, the, flame, 025, review, swatch, matte, red, drusgtore
Maybelline Super Stay Lipstick in Keep up the Flame (025), is a long wearing matte red lipstick. It's a 2 way lipstick, from one side you apply the actual color and the other side is to keep your lips moisturized and hydrated, since the lipstick formula is drying. When I first got into long wearing lipsticks, I decided I had to get a red long wearing lipstick. 'Cause red lipsticks feather out of the lips the most, especially if you don't use lip liner. I thought it was a great way to keep your lipstick in place and not having to use lip liner! :D
maybelline, super, stay, lip, color, lipstick, keep, up, the, flame, 025, review, swatch, matte, red, drusgtore
Keep up the flame is a cool toned red lipstick, it's more like a deep red. It has no shimmer or sparkle whatsoever, and dries to a completely matte finish. The lipstick holds 2.3 ml of product, which I think is kind of less. As you can see in the picture, the compartment holding the lipstick isn't much big either. The lipstick has a very slight floral scent, which isn't overpowering at all. I actually like it, it's refreshing. 
maybelline, super, stay, lip, color, lipstick, keep, up, the, flame, 025, review, swatch, matte, red, drusgtore
The Balm on the other end, to moisturize the lipstick comes quite handy. Even though I like to keep the lipstick completely matte sometimes, my lips get too dry which is when I use the balm. As far as whether the lipstick lives up to the 24 hour claim, I haven't tested it so long. I never wear makeup for 24 hours really. But it does last straight 8 hours with eating and drinking and doesn't fade. Neither does it transfer. 
maybelline, super, stay, lip, color, lipstick, keep, up, the, flame, 025, review, swatch, matte, red, drusgtore
The swatch kind of looks funny, cause it's my wrist and it has a straight red line (:P), but oh well.. Swatches on the wrist seem more clear to me. The lipstick retails for $8.99-9.99 depending on where you buy it from. It's available in most drugstores.
Overall, I really like this lipstick. It's very long lasting, I absolutely adore the color, and it doesn't feather. What else can you ask for of a lipstick? Though the fact remains, I am not someone who wears a red lip very often. I wore a red lip on my sister's wedding which was 6 months ago, after which I haven't worn a red lip. But I definitely would want to try more colors in this range, cause of how beautiful the formula is. I'd love finding a more nude/light pink color to wear on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment