Friday, September 26, 2014

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer - Review + Swatch!


the, balm, mary, lou, manizer, review, swatch, champagne, highlighter
I absolutely adore highlighters. Whatever color or shade they are, I like to have them in my stash. Not that I have many (I'm still building my collection). In fact, The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer was my first highlighter. And it is, by far one of the most amazing highlighters I've ever tried. I bought it on Amazon, for $16.99 (it actually retails for $24.99 I think, on the official website). I totally think it was worth every penny, which I'll explain in the review. Also, Hautelook every now and then has sales on The Balm makeup where it is for 50% off.
the, balm, mary, lou, manizer, review, swatch, champagne, highlighter
The retro packaging is very cute. It's a sturdy compact, with a mirror on one side, taking good space in the palm. It holds 8.5g/0.3 Oz which is a lot of product. Especially considering how pigmented it is, it feels like it'll never finish. There isn't any fragrance to the powder I feel. And oh, it is so soft! Which is why I use a flat brush and pat it on the compact, to avoid fall out. Since you need very less to get a good glam look. It may give you the disco ball look if applied heavily, so it's better to start off using a light hand. It has some sparkle in it, I wouldn't say too much, since it ends up looking just like a beautiful sheen when applied lightly.
the, balm, mary, lou, manizer, review, swatch, champagne, highlighter
The lasting powder is nice too, even though I have very oily skin. It lasts about 6-7 hours without primer or setting spray. I would say though that the compact is kind of delicate plastic. Since my luminizer chipped from the side, after which I added a little rubbing alcohol and pressed it. So, maybe it's not too great for travel...
Overall verdict, I absolutely love this product. Even though some people feel it's hard to pull it off during day time, I think it's very possible using a light hand. And that it gives a very beautiful champagne highlight to the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment