Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It - Review!

Makeup primers used to be a thing only makeup experts used... Until they hit the drugstore. I never really thought of buying a primer, and never felt I needed one, till I started observing more carefully my skin after doing my makeup. I started feeling there should be something to evenly layer my foundation, because it sometimes tends to be patchy, and there should be something to reduce the appearance of pores. Which is when of course, all the primer hypes started making sense. I currently only own one face primer, which is The Body Shop's Skin Primer Matte it.
The, body, shop, primer, skin, matte, it, review,
I guess I haven't gotten a primer after this one cause of how satisfied I've been with this one. It holds 25ml/0.84oz, and retails for $18 I think. It is available at The Body Shop and can be purchased online at The Body Shop. It has no fragrance whatsoever and comes in a twist up cap. The packaging is decent and travel friendly, and I have no issues with that. The primer leaves your skin very velvety and soft after application. There are some reviews saying that it kind of makes makeup slip off, to which I'd disagree because it is preferable to wait a little after applying primer, so that it's properly adhered to the skin. And also, a primers job is to ensure smooth and even application, so the primer doesn't let too much foundation stick to one area of the face.
The, body, shop, primer, skin, matte, it, review,
The primer is clear and has a gel like consistency. It decreases the appearance of pores and reduces oiliness. It also makes my makeup last longer. Just that I feel it should mattify my face a little more. Maybe I feel like that cause my skin is too oily, but to be honest, that's so far the only problem I've had with this primer. Otherwise I absolutely love it, and I always use it on functions and occasions, when I know I need my makeup to last longer. The downside for some might be that it's silicone based, since for many that triggers acne. But cleansing properly and taking care of your skin can often avoid that. 
Final verdict, I really like this primer and and use it quite often. It's travel friendly, has a lot of product and doesn't bother my skin. Yet, I'd like to try more primers to see if I really can get primers that control oil better, because of my extremely oily skin.
Hope the review was helpful! Have you tried The Body Shop's primer? And what primer do you use mostly?

No comments:

Post a Comment