Monday, November 24, 2014

Rimmel BB Cream Matte SPF 15 - Review + Swatch!

Rimmel, matte, BB, cream, review, light, drugstore, skin, perfecting, swatch,
I heard a lot about the Rimmel Matte BB cream, being probably the best drugstore BB cream. Which of course tempted me to try it out, especially since I hadn't found any BB cream to my liking. Not that I've tried a dozen, but I've tried  few. And to me they'd either be too runny or too oily. The Rimmel BB cream retails for around $9-11 depending where you buy it from. And is available at most drugstores. It has three shades, very light, light and medium. I got the shade light, and I think it matches my skin quite well. Though maybe its cause its sheer so the shade doesn't make too much of a difference. 
Rimmel, matte, BB, cream, review, light, drugstore, skin, perfecting, swatch,
It's a very creamy formula, slightly runny too though. Provides more coverage than most BB creams I think. And has a light fresh floral smell to it. It has 1 Fl Oz/30 ml of product and has broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen. It's a 9-in-1 skin perfecting BB cream, which promises 9 things, 1) minimizes the appearance of pores 2) evens skin tone 3) mattifies 4) controls shine all day 5) smoothes 6) soothes 7) conceals dark circles 8) helps prevent blemishes 9) gives all day coverage. 
Rimmel, matte, BB, cream, review, light, drugstore, skin, perfecting
Though it has sunscreen, I still apply sunscreen before using it. Cause where I live it's really hot, and you need a lot of protection from the sun. The application of this BB cream is quite smooth, but I don't really notice any difference in the appearance of my pores. Also, regardless of it's name being matte, it's not a flat out matte; which I actually like. Neither is it extremely oily like the Garnier BB cream. I do feel though it doesn't control the shine on my T Zone, for which I need to set it. The lasting power is nice too, but wears off after around 6-8 hours. 
Final verdict, I actually like this BB cream a lot. It's not too oily, or too thick, but is a medium consistency. Lasts fairly long, and provides decent coverage. The only cons for me are that it doesn't hold shine too well, and I don't like how it spreads all over the cap. Other than that, great product!
Hope this review was helpful! What's your favorite drusgtore BB cream? 

No comments:

Post a Comment