Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - Review + Swatches

Concealers are a blessing, for someone like me with raccoon eyes (yes, I have terrible under eye circles). So, I'm always on the search for a good under eye concealer, that is hydrating, pigmented, lasts long, looks natural, brightens the eye and doesn't cake. Well, I guess it's not easy to find that. So, today I'll be reviewing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in Eclat Clair (51). Which is the lightest shade in this range. Though I think my skin tone would be more suited to the shade 52. But since concealer is often slightly lighter than your skin tone, I chose 51.
The concealer comes in a tube, and has a cream to liquid consistency.
It holds 10 ml product. And has a hard to describe smell. It's like this sweet makeup type smell. Its called healthy mix cause it has healthy things for the skin.
The concealer has yellow-ish undertones. Which is quite known for the healthy mix line. I've read on online reviews that all the foundations, concealers and compact powders of this line have strong yellow undertones. Not for the foundations though, but I think that's a plus for the concealer. Cause it helps brighten up the under eye area. The lasting power of this is good. I think that's largely due to the concealer giving a matte effect. It lasts around 5-6 hours without touch ups.
I mostly apply this using a sponge, I dab it around my eye and just tap it around with the sponge. I won't say it has a lot of coverage. It's more like medium coverage. Neither do I think this is very hydrating. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. It gives more like a matte finish.
Here is the swatch:
(Click all pictures to enlarge.)
The product isn't very buildable I'd say. Cause it starts setting in fine lines when applying more product. I got this for Rs. 1000 at Hyperstar, Lahore. Bourjois products are also available at Walgreens.
Overall, I won't say this is a favorite concealer. It's alright. I like my newly bought Catrice Concealer a lot more. Which I'll be reviewing tomorrow. Hope the review was helpful! Please leave a comment for any questions or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment