Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Body Shop ~ Color Glide Lip Shine Lipstick

I've been reviewing lip products mostly, must seem like I'm really into lip products. Well, to be honest I can't really decide which makeup product is my favorite. I'm actually obsessed with all makeup products, lipsticks, eye shadows, blushes, highlighters, bronzers, anything! And today I'm reviewing The Body Shop's lipstick, in the color glide lipstick line, the color I have is Rare Coral (11), available at The Body Shop.

It comes in a beautiful metal packaging, and seems quite solid in the hand. Also, the size is very compact. 

(Click on photo to enlarge.)
The color I'd say isn't coral, even though the name suggests. It's more like a warm peach-ish nude with very beautiful fine shimmer, which doesn't really show up but just gives a glow. 
the body shop color colour glide shine lipstick 110 rare coral swatch review
The finish is shiny, as the name suggest. The lipstick has a very faint sweet smell. I'm not sure how to describe it, it's like that smell which comes from high-end lipsticks. In the picture above the color looks more like a pinkish-coral, but the color is very slightly coral I'd say. Or isn't coral at all. The color is very sheer, it can be build up, but I think since the lipstick is shiny, it feels heavy on the lips if build up. It feels like having a lot of lip gloss on the lips. The finish is creamy satin like. It's a very nice every day sort of color, and quite suitable for the summers.
The lasting power of the lipstick is not very impressive. I guess that's because of it being similar in application to a lip gloss.
Here is the swatch: 
the body shop color colour glide shine lipstick 110 rare coral swatch review
This above picture does justice to actual color I think, since it's more like a light pinkish peach shade. Though in the picture the fine shimmer isn't visible. It's more like golden fine shimmer. I bought this lipstick for Rs. 1400 at The Body Shop. Prices vary in different countries according to the exchange rate. The Body Shop products though are very widely available in several countries.
Final verdict, I'm not very pleased with the lipstick, I guess cause I don't like too shiny lipsticks, they kind of feel heavy on the lips. Otherwise the color is nice. It's a type of color that can be pulled off with a dramatic eye. But I don't really find myself reaching for this lipstick much.
Hope the review was helpful! Please leave your comments for any questions or suggestions. Hope you have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment