Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Balm Hot Mama Review + Swatch!

So, when I started going crazy about makeup and makeup tips I came across The Balm. Which was popularly known for producing very pigmented products and their cute retro packaging. Seeing the reviews and swatches (and of course, the hype) I would go crazy and definitely wanted to own it. So, well... I guess I couldn't hold for long and ordered Hot Mama from Amazon. I got it for $13.79 (which is actually $21 on the website). And I don't think The Balm products are readily available at many stores, it's kind of hard to fine them. They can be bought on the website, or on amazon. Though sometimes Hautelook, which is a premier members-only site featuring private, limited-time sale events of the world's premium fashion and lifestyle brands, has The Balm products available too.
Anyway.. Coming to the review. I absolutely LOVE this blush. I can't rave about it enough. I use it everyday since I got it. Even though Hot Mama kind of has a prominent sheen to it, I think it's wearable during the day too if you use a light hand. This is how it looks: 
the balm hot mama blush review
The packaging is really cute. It comes in a paper cardboard type packaging and has a strong magnetic lid. It holds 7.06 grams, 0.25 oz. Which is quite a lot of product. People say its a dupe for the NARS Orgasm (the universally flattering blush). Hot mama is a very beautiful pinky peach colored blush with a golden sheen. It doesn't really have any big chunks of sparkle in it, which I love. And which all together makes it a lot more wearable. It's lasting power is good too, and it lasts me around 5-6 hours without primer. it doesn't really have any scent. It's texture is very soft and buttery, just tapping it with the brush gets you enough product for one cheek for a natural look. 
I wanted to include a swatch on the hand, but for some reason the camera wasn't doing justice to the color of the blush. So I didn't include that.. Regardless, all the pictures were taken indoor without flash. I hope they're clear and give a good idea of blush. Please leave a comment and let me know what you guys think about it too. Also, you feel free to ask questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment