Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mini Milani Haul.. Baked Blush, eye pencils and primer!

Today I'm doing a min Milani Haul. Which I received in my mail yesterday. I got the famously known dupe for the Nars Orgasm; baked blush in luminoso, a limited edition of the shadow eyez in Sand Dunes (11), Brow & Eye highlighter pencil in Vanilla Natural Taupe (03) and lastly the Milani Eye shadow Primer.
milani baked blush luminoso primer brow and eye highlighter shadow eyez

First I'll be reviewing the eye shadow; shadow eyez in Sand Dunes (11). Which is one of the limited edition eye shadows in the shadow eyez line. I absolutely fell in love with this color when I swatched it. It's beautifully shimmer and applies so effortlessly, so creamy, but dries and does not crease at all. No product comes off when touched either, just maybe a piece or two of the shimmer particles. It's more of a night out eye shadow to me, but I think I might be able to pull it off during the day too. It has no fragrance and can be sharpened with any jumbo sharpener. It is very long lasting, I don't think it'll last 12 hours though. But it will last at least 5-6 hours, without creasing. Here is the swatch:
milani shadow eyez sand dunes limited edition review swatches

In the picture the shadow isn't as shimmery and bright as it actually looks on the eyes but it really is a highlighting color. Slightly champagned color, gives a metallic finish. I got this for Rs. 875 I think on www.beautyarena.pk. It is available in most drugstores for about$#6-8 depending on where you buy it from.
Next is the Brow and Eye highlighters. They come in three shades. This was the only pencil with two matte shades, the other two pencils had one matte and one shimmery shade. But since I was picking the shadow eyez in a shimmery shade, I decided to pick this is a double matte shade; Vanilla & Natural Taupe (03). Since I mostly like natural matte makeup, without shimmers. I think both sides of the pencil are very creamy. But unlike the shadow eyez they don't dry matte and do transfer a little when touched. But you can use a primer to increase their lasting power and set your makeup with a setting spray. What I absolutely love about the pencil is that light colored side of the pencil completely matches my skin tone. So I could use this as a concealer too, especially if you're on the go and want to travel light. Also, the brown part of the pencil can be used as a natural eye colored eye liner. Here is the swatch:
Milani brow and eye highlighter pencil vanilla natural taupe 03
I got this for Rs. 975 I think. I'm not sure. Same website. It's available in most drugstores for about $7-8, again depending on where you buy it from.
Milani eye shadow primer, is availble only in one shade; nude. I got this cause the ELF eye shadow primer which several people say is just like the UD primer potion didn't work for me. It made my eye shadow crease. So I thought I could give this primer a shot, since there were good reviews about it on MUA. It has a very soft feel and dries to matte. It's different as compared to the ELF eyelid primer. I think it's better. I haven't tested it enough yet to exactly tell how long it makes me eye shadow last since I just got it yesterday. It holds 0.3 Fl oz, for Rs. 750. It's available for about $6-7. Here is the swatch:
Milani shadow primer 12 hours

Lastly is the Milani baked blush in Luminoso (05). Which most people say is the exact dupe of the Nars Orgasm, just that it doesn't have big pieces of golden glitter like the Orgasm. But I am not too sure about that. Since several reviews say The Balm's Hot Mama blush (I blush that I absolutely love) is a dupe of Orgasm too, just that it's a little more peachy than it. Where as I think Luminoso is more peachy than Hot Mama. But regardless of that I think Luminoso is a beautiful everyday wear blush. Since it's not too sparkly and just gives a healthy look. It is slightly powdery but I think that's cause its a baked blush. It retails for Rs. 960 at the same website, for 3.5 g/0.12 oz. Available around $6-7 at most drugstores. Comes with a small brush which I think is great for travelling and a small mirror. Here is the swatch: 
milani luminoso baked blush review swatches
For my full review on The Balm's Hot Mama, click here. Hope you all liked the reviews. For any questions or suggestions please comment. :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment