Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids ~ Vibrant Mandarin 914, Review + Swatch!

Recently I've started obsessing over bright lipsticks. I guess it's just a need sort of thing as the summer approaches. And during the spring I bought a new lipstick, from the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids: Vibrant Mandarin, 914. It's a bright orange lipstick, as the name suggests. The packaging is sleek, and the color of the lid depicts the actual color of the lipstick. Here is how it looks:
maybelline vibrant mandarin review

The color is very bright. And very vivid. The lipstick has a faint vanilla type of sweet smell. It's not very orange though, it's more of a bright pink-ish orange type of coral. It's like a neon color. To me, I like the color but I don't think it's very wearable, cause of how bright it is. Though, when I pat it with a tissue it lightens a little, and that's how I can wear it. Otherwise this isn't a favorite lipstick of mine. The finish is creamy/satin like. And it has a beautiful sheen. The color also leaves behind a beautiful stain, which isn't too dark. That's how I use the lipstick mostly, by just keeping the stain.
Here is the swatch:
maybelline vibrant mandarin review swatch orange lipstick
You can't tell the color very properly. It looks more orange in the picture. Where as in normal lighting it looks more in between a bright orange to coral. The lasting power is great. Cause the lipstick is very opaque. And it doesn't accentuate any dry patches on the lips, which a lot of lipsticks do.
Overall, this lipstick just kind of added to my small collection of lipsticks. I don't like it very much, cause it's too bright. I can pull of a matte red lip, on rare occasions. But this lipstick isn't just bright, it's more like a neon color. Which I think isn't my thing really.
I bought this for Rs. 975 at Beauty Arena. It's available in most leading stores in Pakistan. It's also available at most drusgtores. It rages from $ 7-8, and is also available at most drugstores depending on where you buy it from.
Hope the review was helpful! Please feel free to comment for any questions or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment